The main challenges holding you back
Smart meter installations are not always properly documented, and only a small proportion of operations are checked manually via on-site or back-office audits. Installation faults often go unnoticed and can lead to costly repeat visits.
Obtaining complete reporting of your smart meter deployment
- Manual reporting is tedious and not always accurate
- Photos are not always required, and when they are, their quality is questionable
- When photos are mandatory, they are unexploited.
Applying quality standards at scale
- Audit of operations through sampling
- Defects are reported too late and create end-cust frustration
Unit-T & Deepomatic: Digitizing Field Operations in Energy SectorRead the full story
Distribution system operators, get it right !
Ensure timely deployment of meters
- Increase First Time Right success rate
- Accelerated time to revenue
- Reduced quality control feedback loop
Guarantee the quality and safety of meter installation
- Reduced on-site audits
- Reduced resources devoted to quality control
Use reliable field data to arbitrate in the event of anomalies
- Reduced customer service calls
- Reduced end-customer churn rate
Contractors, get it right !
Avoid repeat visits
- Save OPEX by reducing the number of revisits
- Allocate the time saved to other field works and increase your revenues
Reduce quality-related costs
- Reduced resources dedicated to quality control
- Reduced penalties due to poor quality of service
Help field staff acquire skills as operations progress
- Field workers improve their gestures and develop good reflexes