In 2017, a great number of companies in the retail industry had to close down as they failed to adapt to the rise of new purchasing behaviors driven by a digital revolution that is resulting in new user needs.
These upheavals are driving retailers to rethink the customer experience in their stores. This includes redefining customer advice, displays and personal assistance, but also the need to address customers’ biggest frustrations such as waiting lines and out-of-stock situations.
have already left a store because of a long wait at the checkout
wanted to invest massively in new technologies (AI, augmented reality…) in 2018
This is the average amount of costs related to inventory errors in retai
REDUCE WAITING LINES
PREVENT THEFT AND ENSURE STORE SECURITY
OPTIMISER LES STOCKS ET L’EXPÉRIENCE CLIENT
Line-ups are one of the biggest constraints of physical stores. For 60% of French people, this wait should not exceed 5 minutes.
- Streamline your checkout processes until this step is completely deleted from the customer path
- Inform your employees in real time about staff needs at checkout points
- Line-up detection and people counting
Alert the manager at the first sign of a new line at the checkout and mobilize the necessary staff.
- Identification and product tracking
Detect and account for the products in your customers’ shopping baskets and automatically invoice their accounts when they leave the store.
- Ensure that your employees are where and when they are most needed: in the right time slot and in the right place
- Eliminate checkout and, eventually, waiting lines
- Increase your turnover by extending your opening hours
In 2017, theft losses represented 1.44% of retail sales, or nearly $50 billion. Today, prevention techniques (video surveillance cameras and security guards) are quite ineffective and expensive.
- Reduce theft during and after opening hours
- Prevent acts of vandalism in stores
- Detection of suspicious behavior
Identify a person picking up an object or concealing a product, stopping for a long time in the same section, etc. and thus avoid the theft of products during opening hours.
- Intrusion detection
Detect the presence of a person in a storage area, a restricted area, or a person present in the store during closing hours.
- Reduce the unknown markdown of your turnover
- Differentiate between losses due to theft and losses due to inventory errors
- Improve the safety of your stores for the smoothest possible customer experience
One of the main challenges of physical stores today is to meet the needs and demands of customers. Conducting the inventory is a repetitive task that takes a lot of time, and errors are very expensive for retailers: on average it costs them 11.7% of their annual income.
- Adapt in-store layout to optimize the customer experience
- Develop your knowledge of customer activity within your stores
- Detection and counting of products on the shelf and in the warehouse
Notify store managers when the stock level of a product is low and restocking is necessary.
- People counting
Analyze the attendance of your points of sales and adapt human resources needs accordingly.
- Measure the effectiveness of the offers put in place
- Develop an accurate knowledge of your customers’ purchasing habits
- Build customer loyalty by providing them with an optimal customer experience